Monday, February 1, 2010

The Ronald McDonald House in Minneapolis


This is the hallway we went down to get to the room that my sister, Rachael and my nieces and nephews and Jim are staying in while Josiah is in the hospital.


Now we are inside! That's my brother Josh.


This is Jim and Rachael in the kitchen part of the room.

Rachael, Josh and Jim in one of the bedrooms.

There's Josiah! He's in the main living area.


This is a kitchen that anyone that is living here can use. It's by the cafeteria, it's NOT in their room.


Here is the main eating area, or the cafeteria. They serve dinner to everyone every night here. I guess there's alot of spaghetti dishes served! Mmmmmm....spaghetti!


There's even a workout room for the adults. Kids aren't allowed in here to keep them safe, but you can watch them play in the next room thru the window.


That's my back looking at the pool room (not the kind you can swim in :((oh, well. )
Here they have machines you can buy pop and juice for a quarter. That's my dad stocking up (ha ha)

Here's Sara, and Hannah on the right, in the eating room. Everyone says she's grown a few inches already. She must like spaghetti!


More pictures of the cafeteria area. That's Hannah and Sara.


There's Josh with his feet on the sofa, mom's not happy about that! That's me sitting next to my Dad on the couch in their room.


They even have a big gym to play games and basketball. The hoops even adjust for little people!


There's Leah playing one of the video games that are free in the play area.


There's my Dad and Josh in their kitchen. It's all really one big room, but they call it the kitchen.

That's all, folks! That's me in the car, we are off! Next stop, Monticello, IL to spend the night at the Cresup's, then back home to Mom. The Cresaps are Josh's fiancee's family. See ya there!

Oops, one more thing-if you want to see a video tour of this house (not by me) that my mom found on YouTube, you can learn lots more about the Ronald McDonald house in Minneapolis, it's pretty good:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGQz2tDq1Gg

2 comments:

  1. Ben, I love your blog! So many great pictures and it really helps us feel closer to you. That's such a great gift because we miss you all SOOOOO much!!!

    I watched the youtube video of Ronald McDonald House and it help me feel closer to Rachael and family also. Thanks for that!

    I will enjoy visiting your blog often and keeping updated on all you are doing. You are an amazing young man, Ben, absolutely the upside in every way!

    I love you!
    Aunt Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ben!
    Love your blog! Thanks so much for sharing all the photos and videos! It's nice to see life from your point-of-view! Look forward to seeing more! See ya soon! Love ya! :)
    Love Kendra

    ReplyDelete