Thursday, February 25, 2010

Worshipping The Lord With Song!

This is a post by Ben's mom (with his permission, of course). I just really wanted to share a very special moment in the car last week with any other parent that wonders if their 'special' child can truly worship or grasp the essence of Christianity.

We were traveling the almost 2 hour drive to the dentist and since one of Ben's favorite things to do is listen to music and sing I grabbed some music we could both enjoy-if you get my drift.... One of the CD's we were listening to was Michael W Smith's Worship and we were on our second time through it, both of us in our own little world, singing our hearts out. (isn't the car wonderful for that?)

However, I noticed that periodically during his heart felt singing, he would remove his glasses and wipe his eyes and then put them back on and continue singing. Since this is something I rarely see him do, after noticing this unusual (for Ben) act for the third time I asked him if his eyes were bothering him. Ben will rarely confess to pain, annoyance or anything whatsoever bothering him and answered with his typical "I'm fine, mom".

The CD was on it's third time around now, and Ben was not losing energy in his singing from the heart. He did continue to take his glasses off periodically and wipe tears from his eyes. Now you need to know one thing about Ben - he rarely cries, but one of the few times tears flooded his eyes was when he accepted Jesus as his personal savior several years ago. So when I asked
him for the last time why he kept wiping his eyes, he answered, "I dunno, I just love singing to Jesus!"

When I realized that it was the Spirit of God in him worshiping, tears came to my eyes.


When I asked him for his camera and snapped it the next time he wiped his eyes, he really didn't understand why it meant something to me. Guess it was just another one of those 'mom moments' that I wanted to share with you.

John 4:23-24
But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him. God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”



3 comments:

  1. Aww, Praise the Lord! As I read this tears came to my eyes. Its so hard sometimes to know if our little ones (&big ones) really understand about salvation. Then something like this will happen and you just know! I am so glad you posted this even though I know what Ben said "Aw, mom", but it has touched my heart. Love you Ben and mom
    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a precious testimony! I am overwhelmed even as I read this, pure worship ushering in the presence of God in such an unmistakeable way. What a kiss from heaven! You made my day, Debbie and Ben, thanks for sharing! We love you soooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I posted on my website at www.sandiegodownsyndrome.org

    ReplyDelete